From built-in benches to soothing fountains, today’s patio features can add beauty and functionality to your outdoor living space. Do you have an existing patio that could use improvement? Or, are you considering a brand new paver patio for your backyard? If so, there are a number of features and elements that can be incorporated. If you’re not familiar with all of the options, just check out this list.
Outdoor Patio Features
- Retaining walls. Pavers can be used to create retaining walls that will enhance your patio design and help highlight the natural flow of your backyard landscape.
- Steps. Due to the durability and striking appearance of brick pavers, they are often used in the construction of landscaping steps. Ask your landscape designer about available color options and variations.
- Fireplaces. Fireplaces create a warm central gathering area within your patio space. Unilock offers prefabricated fireplaces in a number of styles, from “Old World” to modern, that can accent the look and feel of your outdoor living area.
- Planters. Custom planters can be designed and constructed out of brick or stone so that you can maximize space while adding colorful flowers or fragrant herbs that will enhance your outdoor setting.
- Pergolas. A pergola can be expertly designed as a focal point for your outdoor living space or patio area. Add climbing plants to your pergola, such as hydrangea, clematis, climbing roses or grape vines, and your pergola will serve as a shady respite during the sunny summer months.
- Outdoor Grilling Areas. If you love to entertain and cook outdoors, think about adding a grilling area to your patio Landscape Creations can design a grilling space or outdoor kitchen that is both visually appealing and functional.
- Water Features. The soothing sound of trickling water, much like mountain stream or babbling brook, bring an element of relaxation and serenity to your patio. Fountains, ponds, or waterfalls are different types of water features that are often incorporated into patio and backyard landscaping designs.
- Walkways. Paved walkways can lead guests to your backyard patio or guide them from one section of your patio to another.
- Benches or Seat Walls. Built-in benches or seat walls provide additional seating options for your guests and add an elegant touch to your patio area.
If you live in DuPage County, it’s easy to take next step toward a beautiful new patio or outdoor living space. Just call Landscape Creations at 630-932-8966 or fill out our online contact form to set up a complimentary consultation.